Liver Facts For Kids
1. The liver is a digestive system organ in all animals with a backbone.
2. It stores energy in the form of a sugar called glycogen.
3. The liver makes yellow-green liquid bile to help digest the food we eat.
4. It cleans or detoxifies the body.
5. In humans, the liver is the body's largest and heaviest organ.
6. The liver is located in the upper right abdomen of the human body.
7. Viruses such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and drinking too much alcohol can cause liver disease.
8. A liver transplant is a process of taking part of a healthy liver and placing it into someone with an end-stage liver disease or liver failure
9. The liver has tremendous regeneration capability. It can be fully generated even if 80% of the liver is removed surgically.
10. Live takes part in protein synthesis.
or reload the browser